Admissions to Cromwell
- Year 7 – age 11
- Post 16 Education Year 12 – age 16
How to apply
The application process for Admissions into year 7 is coordinated by Cambridgeshire local authority (LA), which acts on behalf of the governing body at Cromwell to offer places at the college.
You will need to apply online through Cambridgeshire LA or submit an application form via your primary school.
Click here for further admissions information and to contact our local authority or Tel: 0345 0451370.
In-year applications (moving schools)
In-year applications are considered for year 7- year 13. These can be applied for any time during the year. You will need to complete an application form, which is available online from the LA, and return it to their admissions team. Once received they will contact us to determine the availability of a school place.
If a place is available for your child, you will be notified in writing. You will then be asked to contact us direct, to arrange an admission interview at a time suited to both yourself and the school.
If a place is not available here, a place will be offered to you at the nearest alternative school with available spaces.
To apply for an in-year application, or for further admissions information please contact our local authority Cambridgeshire County Council, Tel: 0345 0451370.
How places are offered
For admission into Year 7 each September, the LA, on behalf of the Governing Body, will offer places to 210 children. This is the Published Admission Number (PAN) for that year group. In the event that more than 210 applications are received, the over subscription criteria will be applied to determine priority for places.
All preferences are treated equally. Children who have a statement of special educational needs, or Education, Health and Care Plan, that does not name the school will be referred to the Statutory Assessment and Resources (STAR) Team to determine an appropriate place.
- Children, who are looked after
- Children who live in the Cromwell catchment area, who have a sibling at Cromwell at the time of admission
- Children who live in the Cromwell catchment area
- Children who have a sibling at Cromwell at the time of admission
- Children who attend a primary school within the Cromwell catchment area
- Children who live nearest Cromwell, by the shortest straight line distance, measuring a straight line from the centre point of the home address to the main pupil entrance to the school
In cases of equal merit, priority will go to children living nearest the school according to the shortest straight-line distance as mentioned above in point 6.
These distances are produced by the LA Admissions team for the school. For families who live outside the area covered by the Cambridgeshire mapping system, distances are determined using a combination of local maps and on-line resources.
- Sibling means any child of compulsory school age living in the same family unit.
- Home address means the place the child resides for the majority of school nights with an adult who has parental responsibility.
- A map of the catchment area is available from the College or the LA Admissions Team.
Click here for details of which streets are in the catchment area of Cromwell
Right to Appeal
If your child has been refused a place at Cromwell, you have the right to appeal to an independent appeals panel.
If you would like to arrange a school tour or have any further questions related to in-year admissions please contact Mrs D’Urso our Admissions Officer on 01354 692193 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . A tour of the school is not an interview and therefore will not affect any decision regarding the availability of a place.