Key Stage 4
WELCOME TO KEY STAGE 4
This September marks the transition for your child from KS3 into KS4. This next two years are the combination of 11 years of formal education. We at Cromwell aim to support your child to achieve their full potential, and move into further education as well qualified and a well-rounded individuals.
There are many key events throughout the two years:
- Work experience
- Prefect Applications
- Mentor training
- Terminal GCSE Examinations
- Completion of progress files
- Completion of personal statements
- Sixth form and College applications
- Year 11 Prom
After making their option choices in key stage 3 pupils can now begin to focus their learning on subjects they wish to specialise in, along with the subjects that are part of the core curriculum (English, maths, science and ethics).
In order to be successful in their examinations the following areas should be a key focus for pupils, parents and teachers.
- Focus in lessons
- Correct equipment
- Revision (after school and at home) – see the enrichment booklet for coursework/study sessions
- Maintaining a positive approach
- Positive mind-set
Key points of contact in school:
- Parents evening
- Subject teachers (for individual subject enquiries)
- Form tutors (for general queries relating to attendance and behaviour for learning)